Monday, June 2, 2014

MAYA ANGELOU SINGING


I post many links to obits of well-known celebrities of the past. Surprisingly, these draw quite a few people to the website. However, when a major star or celebrity passes, they usually have an obit or tribute one every major news website. That is when I give the readers of this website something different. Either a personal recollection or interesting trivia not included in other news media tributes. Last week, poet Maya Angelou passed away. I'll admit I was busy with trying to meet a deadline for a project that didn't get met (Still working on the project but now on my time schedule). Since every major news organization had great tributes to this talented poet, I decided to cover another part of her career: Calypso singer. I have seen photos of this LP, so I tracked down a viral recording for you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...