Saturday, December 22, 2012

DESDINOVA'S CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST

Here are some of my suggestions for a cool Christmas playlist for your Ipod. Enjoy. No disco, but I love that LP cover.

  • "Mistletoe & Wine" Cliff Richard
  • "Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy" David Bowie and Bing Crosby
  • "Frosty the Snowman" The Beach Boys
  • "Chipmunk Song/Christmas Boogie" The Chipmunks with Canned Heat (Best fuzztone guitar riff in a Christmas song)
  •  "Feliz Navidad" Jose Feliciano
  • "Happy Xmas (The War Is Over)" John Lennon and Yoko Ono
  • "Silent Night" The Temptations
  • "Happy Holidays/Holiday Season" Andy Williams
  • "I Believe In Father Christmas" Emerson, Lake & Palmer
  • "Jingle Bells" The Hollyridge Strings
  • "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" Brenda Lee
  • "The Christmas Song"  Jethro Tull
  • "Run Rudolph Run" Chuck Berry
  • "What Child Is This" The Moody Blues
  • "Father Christmas" The Kinks
  • "White Christmas" Bing Crosby
  • "All I Want For Christmas Is You" Mariah Carey
  • "Blue Christmas" Elvis Presely
  • "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" Jackson 5 (I also like the Bruce Springstein version)
  • "Christmas Light" Coldplay
  • "Deck The Halls" Mannheim Steamroller
  • "Here Comes Santa Claus" Billy Idol
  • "I'll Be Home For Christmas" Tony Bennett with Count Baise (THE ONLY GOOD VERSION OF THIS DEPRESSING SONG! "Take me home, Count!")
  • "Jingle Bell Rock" Hall & Oats
  • "Do You Hear What I Hear" Carrie Underwood
  • "Christmas Time Is Here" Ray Parker Junior
  • "Silver Bells" The Supremes
  • "Calypso Noel" Johnny Mathis
  • "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" Dean Martin
  • "God Rest You Merry Gentlemen" Mitch Miller
  • "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" Perry Como
  • "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts)" Nat King Cole
I tried to pick a few that I enjoy and are not the usual choices. You may notice the absence of "Sleigh Ride." It is not because I don't like it, it is because there are too many good versions. So I plan a follow up post on my favorite versions of "Sleigh Ride."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...